lots of problems with latest update

Post any detected bugs here (if you find any ;-)) / Fehler bitte hier einstellen (falls Du welche findest ;-))

Moderator: Anja

Forumsregeln
Please provide a detailed description, what happend and how the problem can be reproduced / Bitte gib eine detaillierte Beschreibung an, was passierte und wie das Problem reproduziert werden kann

lots of problems with latest update

Beitragvon harpo » So 13.12.2009, 1:05

I've had Patience since shortly after the first release and I've always enjoyed it very much, till the 4.16 update. Now I can no longer make more than 3 moves before it locks up, and when I turn the ipod sideways to start a game, the background fails to fill in completely--about a third of it stays black. This happens in all the app's games, but only in Patience--my ipod touch 3rd generation is totally fine except for this app. I've deleted it from the ipod and reinstalled it and it made no difference.
harpo

Re: lots of problems with latest update

Beitragvon ric » Di 22.12.2009, 14:40

This "one third black" effect seems to happen only when you press the "start new game" button from the main screen. Something might have changed in the API behavior since the last update I did. I will investigate what's wrong there and fix this as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconveniance.

In the meanwhile there is a workaround that fixes any problems you described. If you run into that partitial black screen, press the "home" button to leave the app. Restart the app and just turn your device to horizontal layout. Now you can play as usual without any problems.
ric
Site Admin

Beitragvon harpo » Di 22.12.2009, 17:38

Thanks. I don't mind the one-third black thing so much; it's the fact that the app will only let me make 3 moves in any new game before it locks up and I can't play anymore.
harpo

Beitragvon ric » Mi 23.12.2009, 23:18

The black third you see is some kind of "active frame". So all cards (or even the talon) that is accidentially located upon the black area is inactive and will not react. By exiting the application (pressing) the home button and restarting it everithing is fine again. Simply turn your device to horizontal layout to play.

I am currently working on the error and will (hopefully) release a bug fix release soon.
ric
Site Admin

Beitragvon ric » Do 24.12.2009, 1:31

Ok. The bug is fixed. i just released version 4.17

Now it's up to the apple to check and deploy. This is roughly about two weeks.
By the way - I would highly appreciate a rating from you in the app store - hopefully better than one star ;)
ric
Site Admin

Zurück zu Bugs / Fehler